News and Updates from Phoenix Children's
- Everyone knows Valley Toyota Dealers and Phoenix Children’s Hospital are going places. Both organizations are on the cutting edge in their field, whether it’s building a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, or giving buyers a way to choose vehicles that let them leave a mark without leaving emissions in the air.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital Now Ranked in All 10 Specialties By U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital once again has been named to U.S. News & World Report’s 2016-17 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings, the only Arizona hospital to make the prestigious list.
New Sleep Recommendations from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine For the First Time Defining How Much Sleep Children Need
- A physician with Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital has helped create new recommendations from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), defining how much sleep children need.
- Genetics plays an important role in the diagnosis of cerebral palsy and epilepsy, according to a new discovery by a team of physicians and scientists led by Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Kip Welch, Vice President, Talent Acquisition at Phoenix Children's, brings more than 25 years of experience in the Human Resources field with an expertise in talent acquisition and recruiting.
- Before they can even start kindergarten, too many of our children are drowning - among Arizona children one to four years old, drowning deaths are happening at double the national rate. And, these deaths are most likely to happen between now and Labor Day weekend.
- The Pediatric Epilepsy Program at Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital for the first time has been accredited by The Laboratory Accreditation Board of the American Board of Registered EEG Technologists (ABRET) for its excellence in conducting and interpreting electroencephalogram (EEG) tests for patients throughout Phoenix Children’s.
- The 16th annual Give-A-Thon for Phoenix Children’s Hospital became the top fundraiser of its kind in the country by collecting more than $1.58 million in donations during a 19-hour radio simulcast on KTAR News (92.3 FM) and Arizona Sports (98.7 FM). This marks the seventh year in a row that Bonneville Media’s two stations have exceeded $1 million in donations.
Phoenix Children’s Names Carmen Neuberger Executive Vice President; Jared Muenzer, MD, MBA Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Phoenix Children’s Medical Group
- As Phoenix Children’s Hospital continues to grow in size and complexity, Phoenix Children’s is pleased to promote Carmen Neuberger to Executive Vice President and appoint Jared Muenzer, MD, MBA, as Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Phoenix Children’s Medical Group (PCMG).
- Phoenix Children’s recently hosted it’s second-ever “Quality Day” which gives all clinical staff, including residents, trainees, fellows, nurses, physicians and allied health professionals, the chance to present quality-improvement projects and ideas. The event is not only an exciting competition; it brings to light solutions that improve quality of patient care and processes in the workplace.